Whelp, the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference Keynote has come and gone. Now it’s time to assess my predictions. As a reminder, only things announced as part of the keynote count:
- iOS 6 announced & previewed - 90% - Yup
- …featuring Apple powered mapping system - 75% - Yup
- …featuring a public API for Siri - 50% - Nope
- …featuring significant changes to the UI (Springboard, Multitasking, etc) - 10% - Nope
- …featuring end-user access to the file system - 1% - Nope
- …developer preview available by day’s end - 90% - Yup
- OS X Mountain Lion demoed - 90% - Yup
- …featuring significant changes from the current Developer Preview - 10% - Nope
- …new Developer Preview available by day’s end - 90% - Yup
- …Gold Master available by day’s end - 25% - Nope
- …available for purchase immediately - 1% - Nope
- “Apple TV” OS mentioned at all - 10% - Suck it BGR
- …SDK available to developers - 15% - Bwahahaha
- …TV “App Store” announced - 15% - hahahaha
- Any other Apple software announced (iLife, iWork, Aperture, FCPX, etc) - 0% - I’m going with “Yes” since Retina versions of Aperture and PCPX were mentioned on stage.
- New iPhone announced - Fuck you - Seriously, did people actually think this?
- New iPods announced - Are you high? - No
- Apple HDTV announced - sigh 2.71828% - Somewhere Gene Munster sheds a lonely little tear.
- Mac Pro updated - 75% - Nope. Remember, I said on stage announcements only.
- MacBook Pro updated - 40% - Yep
- …with RETINA display - 90% - and how
- …with Retsina display - I wish
- MacBook Air updated - 40% - Bumpity bump bump
- …with RETINA display - 90% - Nope
- iMac updated - 10% - Nope
- …with RET…oh fuck we get it, high DPI is the shiznit - Nope
- Mac Mini updated - 10% - Nope
- …with RETINA display - wait, what?
- iPad announced - I hate you people - Dumbasses
- Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Time Capsule, iPod Socks etc. announced - Sure, at this point why not - nope
Overall I’d give myself a solid “B“. My biggest miss was thinking the Mac Pro was more likely to get an on-stage mention than the MacBook Pros.