So, how did we do:
- A tablet will be announced: 90% - Duh.
- iTablet: 5% - BZZT!
- iSlate: 30% - BZZT!
- iPad: 80% (sadly) - BING!
- Something without a fucking “i” in front: 2% (sadly) - BZZT!
- …it will have wifi: 90% - Of course
- …it will have 3G: 75% - On some models
- …AT&T exclusive: 60% - HAHAHA Fuck you Verizon.
- …including Verizon: 40% - BZZT!
- …Verizon exclusive: 10% - BZZZZZT!
- …Steve will announce a handful of major content partners: 80% - Yep. And fuck you McGraw-Hill.
- …it will run a variant of the “desktop” OS X: 30% - Nope.
- …it will run a variant of the “iPhone” OS X: 70% - Not stated, but given the App situation seems to be the case.
- …it will run a completely new variant of OS X: 30% - Nope
- …it will have App Store support at launch: 70% - Yeppers
iPhone - Goose Egg on All Counts.
- The 4th generation iPhone will be announced: 70%
- …it will be available for sale before July 2010: 20%
- …it will run iPhone OS 4.0: 90%
- …there will be a Verizon version: 20%
- …it will be Verizon exclusive: Are you fucking kidding me?
- …it will support arbitrary background applications: 5%
OS X Touch 4.0 - Also Goose Egg.
- Touch OS 4.0 will be announced: 70%
- …SDK available now: 80%
- …significant changes to the NDA situation: 10%
- …available for original iPhone: 5%
- …available for iPhone 3G: 25%
- …available for iPhone 3GS: 60%
- …available only on the new iPhone: 20%
- …available for first generation iPod Touch: 25%
- …available for second generation iPod Touch: 60%
- Approval process eliminated: 10% - Hahaha, you fucking kidding me?
- Subscription music: 50% - Nope
- Subscription TV: 30% - Nope
- Subscription Movies: 10% - Nope
- Text content added: 80% - Nope…er, I mean Bingo!
- MacMacs will herald new device as “game changing”: 99.99% - Wait for it.
- Enderle/Thurrot/ZDNet/PC World will declare announcements “disappointing”: 99.99% - Tune in to the Angry Mac Bastards for updates.
- Scoble will mess himself: 90% - Wait for it.
All in all, the iPad is pretty much what I was expecting. I’ll write up my thoughts after I’ve had some time (and hooch) to mull them over.