It’s official, my copy of MacOS X 10.5 Leopard has been installed. Overall I’m digging it; but I have had a few issues. I’ll note my impressions below.
- Looks amazing
- For whatever reason, the installer would not see my iMac’s internal drive until I plugged in my 2 FireWire externals.
- Estimated install time is bumpkis.
- OMGWTFBBQ! The interface is amazing. Yes, I know it’s cheezy as all hell; but, wow, it makes me want to lose files and go looking for them.
- Initial backup…something is screwy here. After the first boot, Time Machine asked me for a drive, I pointed it at the one I had set aside for it and began its dance…in the slowest way possible. Like, a few megabytes per hour. Meanwhile Spotlight is taking literally forever to index my other FW external…hmm. Killing the indexing on the other FW drive seems to have speeded things up.
- Well, after a few false starts it looks like I’ve managed to get a decent TM strategy in place, time will tell.
- Ok, I actually like the iTunes style sidebar
- Coverflow…what can I say, this rocks. Especially for browsing the aquired media
- QuickLook: also rocking.
- Per folder view settings that stick. I can dig that.